Are you getting board with same side dish for chapatis and roti, wishing to have some new variety of side dish? Then Lasaniya Batat will be best choice it is also called as aloo gravy in which aloo is major ingredient. It is very simple and you can prepare it in very short duration. You can preserve this dish for a week so it will be good for working women. While tasting this dish you will enjoy immense pleasure.
· Potatoes -10 to 12 small potatoes ( or 5 big potatoes)
· Oil – 1½ tbsp
· Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
· One – Dried red chili
· One – Bay leaf
· Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
· Coriander powder – 1 tsp
· Cumin powder – ½ tsp
· Salt as per your taste
· Water – ½ cup
· Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
For making paste
· Garlic – 6 cloves
· Ginger piece – ½ inch
· Red chili powder – 1 ½ tsp
· Peanuts – 3 tbsp
· Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
1. Initially you need to pressure cook the potatoes with some salt for 2 whistles. While pressure cook the potatoes should be submerged in water.
2. Meantime you can make paste with ingredients mentioned above.
3. After the pressure removes then take potatoes and peel its skin.
4. Now you need to sauté the cooked potatoes in oil until they get browned.
5. Again in same pan add remaining oil after its gets heated up then you can add cumin seeds, dried chilli, bay leaf.
6. Then append the paste which you have prepared along with cumin powder, turmeric powderandd mix it well.
7. You need to cook until they lose their raw smell. When the oil get ooze out, then you can add fried potatoes into it along with some water.
8. If the gravy starts boiling then cover it for 4 to 5 minutes and cook. If you neeed more gravy then you can add some more water.
9. Finally add the coriander leaves and serve it hot.